Google
Custom Search

Friday, July 03, 2009

Strong language warning: Foul anonymous Darwinist blogger exposed

The guy had successfully hidden his identity for about five years, while posting all kinds of sexually charged abuse to the Internet, about many people, including me.

He will never be facing any "human rights" charges, but Wendy Sullivan, the Girl on the Right, has officially found out who the mysterious Canadian Cynic is. Here is stuff he has said about me.

He is Robert PJ Day. Small business owner. Computer genius. Well-read book nerd. Anti-creationist debater.
A Linux genius, apparently.

Here is part of what Sullivan said, once she traced him:


Outing bloggers isn’t usually my thing. I don’t see a point to it. But when you repeatedly abuse and demean people because they do not march in lockstep with you, I’m sorry but you deserve it. I am not a cunt, Robert. Nor a douchebag. Neither is Kathy Shaidle, Kate, Connie Fournier, Sandy Crux, Suzanne Fortin or anyone else on the web you don’t like.

I am not above strong language and hyperbole, Robert, but I am not beneath you. You are not special. I do not dispute that you are extremely smart and well-versed in your subjects of choice. But referring to to those you feel superior to as “cunts”, “wankers”, “douchebags”, “assholes” and more doesn’t make you sound brilliant at all. It makes you sound sad and lonely. It also makes you seem very cowardly, because I know you would never call me a cunt to my face. You would never wander into downtown Toronto and meet with half the people you have insulted - on a one-to-one or at a party - and insult them the way you do behind your chosen alias.
Perhaps not. The thing I know from covering the intelligent design controversy is that a number of people like Cynic give themselves the right to pour obscene contempt and abuse at the public. Obviously, those people are frightened of something.


What would your mother say, Robert, if she knew that you referred to a woman older than she probably is as a douchebag? ( I assume that your mother is still with us. If not, I apologize, one orphan to the next. ) Is that how she raised you?
He has decided to raise the abuse level last night for me, presumably in response to being outed. The Centre for Inquiry, a secular humanist group, is sponsoring it. Did those people really sit there and listen?

Can you be good without God? I'd never necessarily maintained that you couldn't, but now I am beginning to wonder ....

Apparently, Day proclaimed himself to be "coming out in public" that night. But only because bloggers outed him first.

Sullivan tells me recent posts have featured greatly toned down language. It figures.

Some people have morality. Others rely on avoiding exposure.

(Note: This point caused some confusion over at Uncommon Descent. Wendy Sullivan and I are free speech bloggers. We have never maintained that he did not have the right to say those things. But he was an avatar for five years, so no one even knew where it was coming from. That is a different issue, because it spared him the resulting embarrassment.

Find out why there is an intelligent design controversy:

Labels:

Who links to me?