Google
Custom Search

Friday, June 20, 2008

From my mailbox ...

Recently, a kind reader wrote to say


Denyse

On your page ‘The ID Report’ you ask us to consider ‘three propositions’, one of which is:

Five million years ago, your ancestors were lemur-like creatures screaming in the trees.

My ancestors were not. They were apes, and were just coming down from the trees and working out how to stand on two legs.

The ‘lemur-like creatures’ you refer to first appeared 50 million years ago (maybe it was a typographical error?).

I mention this because such an error may give your opponents more reasons for criticism.

I replied,

Thanks for mentioning the error.

We mustn’t give the lemurs a legitimate grievance. – d.
Here in Canada we have enough trouble with the "human rights" busybodies. I don't want to hear from their "animal rights" counterparts under any circumstances.

Also, another kind reader asks,

Sandwalk-what about it?

Hey Denyse, I was searching for one of your blogs, The Mindful Hack, on google, and one of the links that came up was to the Sandwalk blog.

Well, as you can guess, it had an entry about you and your blogs. I read it a while back ago, and found some of the stuff troubling. I haven't checked it since.

Anyways, I was wondering if you were aware of it, and what you'd have to say about it, and what you'd do.

I really enjoy your blogs by the way!
and I replied,

I know about Sandwalk, and there are others as well.

I do a job, and some people don’t like it.

I am glad that you enjoy my blogs. – cheers, Denyse
You see, even though bloggers work at home, we are never lonely - we get mail. Now back to serious blogging!

By the way, if you like this blog, feed the kitty at the top right.

Who links to me?